About Barbara GodinBarbara Godin received her B.A. from Athabasca University, Edmonton, Alberta. She began writing her popular "Dear Barb" column in 2003 and continues to the present. She also writes a monthly column titled Women of Interest.
In 2019 Barbara won the first place award in a short article contest from the prestigious Professional Writer's Association of Canada (PWAC) for Mary's Story. Some of Barbara's other publications include Heavenly Christmas, A Day to Remember, Goodnight my Love, Love after Loss, Josh's Story, A Man's Legacy, Zac's Story. Many of her articles can be read at www.voicemagazine.org. She is currently working on a collection of short stories that should be available spring, 2021.
Barbara lives in Chatham, Ontario Canada, with her husband Stan and dog Suzie. She continues to write columns and short stories, and one day hopes to publish her autobiography. Follow Barb on Twitter@BarbGod and email comments to email@example.com.
By Barbara Godin
Print and e-book:
Available: Amazon, Kobo, Indigo.
Click to buy from online retailers!
Read Barbara's award-winning and moving article: Mary's Story.
Watch for Barb's new book: Glimpses in Time - a collection of memoirs and more... coming soon.
|Table of Contents
Part 1 - FAMILY
- “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” – Anthony Brandt
Part 2 - ADDICTION
- "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." - Lao Tzu
Part 3 - HEALTH
- "Health is the greatest possession, contentment is the greatest treasure, confidence the greatest friend. Non being is the greatest joy." - Lao Tzu
Part 4 - FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS
- "What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others." - Confucius
Part 5 - DATING
- "To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love." - Jane Austen
Part 6 - MARRIAGE & CHILDREN
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."- Lao Tzu
Part 7 - WORK
- "Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius
Part 8 - ETIQUETTE
- "There is nothing more frightful that ignorance in action." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Part 9 - PANDEMIC
- "There is nothing like staying home for real comfort." - Jane Austen
Part 10 - LOSS
- "Those who die without being forgotten get longevity." - Lao Tzu
Part 11 - CHRISTMAS
- "Christmas isn't just a day it's a frame of mind." - Valentine Davies (Miracle on 34th street)
Part 12 - PETS
- "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant